Monday 11 February 2013

Bibs

Bibs are surprisingly easy to make.  I have made quite a few now for personalised gifts.  I have found you can never have too many bibs on hand!.

I made the pattern below myself so it is not perfect but I have found it a really easy one to use.  If using print on A3 paper for the full sized bib.

What you need
- 1/2 a metre of material.  I usually use fleece on one side and toweling or terry cloth on the other as I find it makes for a more absorbent material.
- A sewing machine and appropriately coloured cotton
- Velcro

Process
- Cut the pattern on each piece of material.
- Pin together right side facing, and sew approx 1/2" seam around the edge leaving a few centimetres gap to turn right side out.
-Turn right side out and hand sew together the gap.
- Place two small triangles of vecro on the top corners of the bib (one on the front and one on the back). and sew into place.

Your bib is now ready to use!




No comments:

Post a Comment