Wednesday 27 August 2014

Kitchen Play

So my son was loving using the toy kitchen at a friends house recently and is really into helping in the kitchen.  I really wanted to encourage this interest in cooking but I didn't want another huge piece of children's equipment taking up space and not sure how long the interest would last.  Luckily we had just purchased some bookshelves and I had the large boxes left over so I decided to make him his own stove/oven.  It only took me an hour and I figured that I could just pop in the recycling bin when we were finished with it.  He has been using it for months now and still loves it, after about 2 months the oven door is a bit wonky but other than that it has stood the test of time.

I purchased some mini cooking equipment - tongs, spatula, whisk, pots and pans - from Kmart for $1-$2 each to the whole thing cost me about $10.


No comments:

Post a Comment